Let’s not fool ourselves – in home conditions it is very difficult to make a pizza that will taste and look like in the best pizzeria. For this you need a specialized oven. However, using the trial and error method, we have developed a few rules that will allow you to get closer to the ideal. How to make pizza?
How to make a pizza in the oven
The temperature in professional pizza ovens reaches up to 500 degrees. No home oven known to us has such parameters. That’s why the pizza in the restaurant lands in the oven for just a few minutes. Quick baking gives it a unique taste and look that is very difficult to recreate at home. And yet, even by baking in an ordinary oven, you can achieve quite good results.
Pizza dough ingredients
What do you need for pizza dough?
- one and a half cups of wheat flour
- half a glass of warm boiled water
- two tablespoons of vegetable oil, preferably good quality olive oil
- 3 to 4 grams of instant yeast, you can also use fresh –
- half a teaspoon of salt
- half a teaspoon of sugar
- as an addition, two tablespoons of Herbes de Provence (to vary the appearance and taste of the dough, you can use any spices or not use them at all)
- 250 g flour
- 150 ml of water
- Pour flour, yeast into a large bowl and mix well. Then added oil, sugar, salt and mix everything well again.
- Begin to gradually add water and a spoon, and finally knead the dough with your hand until it is uniform. The dough should rise a little, so leave the formed dough ball in a warm place in a covered bowl for 20-30 minutes.
- When the dough is resting, prepare the ingredients that you intend to arrange on the pizza. There is complete freedom here.
- First knead the dough with your hands into a thick cake, and then stretch it to fit the mold or any other shape. Brush the dough with tomato sauce and arrange the additions. Put the prepared pizza in the oven preheated to 220 degrees Celsius. Give her between 15 and 25 minutes. If you want to check if the pizza is baked well, it’s best to look at its bottom.
How to prepare an oven for baking pizza
- Remove from the oven any sheets that would interfere with air circulation
- Heat it to the maximum temperature (ours reaches 250 degrees).
- The pizza in the pizzeria lands directly on the hot oven bottom plate. At home, use a round thin plate – preferably with holes (you can easily buy them on the Internet). Ceramic or glass forms are not suitable because they have been warming up too long.
- There are heaters under the oven plate. If you put a pizza tray directly on it, it will bake unevenly. Therefore, first put another, low, upside down tray, and then the tray with the pizza. Thanks to this, the heat will spread and the bottom will look nicely scorched.
- Bake a pizza for a maximum of 2 minutes at the pre-set temperature.
How to make the perfect tomato sauce
The Italian tomato sauce consists of tomato puree, garlic, olive oil, oregano and a little salt of pepper. Garlic fried in olive oil is enough to mix with the rest of the ingredients and it’s ready.